Review: Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion

01:53

Yes, another review for this week. Just recently K-Drama "Doctors" has been receiving so much love and the heroine Park Shin Hye happens to be the ambassador for Mamonde. In the drama, there is this scene where she is applying makeup with her cushion foundation (and also Lee Sung Kyung that used Laneige Two Tone Lip Bar.)


So today I am here to review the Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion. 

Pearl white case.

My shade is in no:23 natural beige.

Like all of the cushion compact, it comes with a rubycell puff and a decent size mirror.

Opening the lid, there is a sponge that soak wet with foundation. 

Just like any other cushion foundation, Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion comes with a rubycell puff which is used as an applicator to apply the foundation. The case has a 7cm diameter mirror which is very handy when you are trying to fix your makeup or reapply the foundation in outdoor. The foundation has a floral scent, not very strong and does not linger for long. 

It contains SPF50+ and PA+++. For a foundation with such a high SPF, it usually form a white cast on the surface of the skin. It is more noticeable when taking photos with flash. 

Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion comes with three shades which are No17 Light Beige, No21 Peach Beige and No23 Natural Beige. Cover Powder Cushion is known for its matte finish and long lasting, mostly suitable for oily skin or in high humidity country. Mamonde also has another cushion which is named as Moisture Mask Cushion which is designed for dry skin user. 


It has a pinkish undertone. 

Applying a light layer on the back of the hand.

Applying a few layers on the back of the hand.

Coverage test.

It looks a bit dark on my inner arm. But my face is actually a bit darker thus this foundation actually looks a bit whiter on my face. The foundation is buidable. From the coverage test, we can see that it provides quite decent coverage consider it is a cushion foundation (usually cushion foundations are dewy thus it only corrects skin tone but not provide any coverage). 

But do I enjoy using this foundation? Considering I have oily skin and Malaysia is very humid, this foundation sounds perfect for me. BUT! I am very disappointed in this cushion foundation. As much as I enjoy Mamonde Creamy Tint Balm, I am not a fan of this cushion foundation. Why? I'll explain it as this post go. 

Had my eyebrow and eye makeup done. I dont have any foundation on my face yet but primer around my nose and cheek area. As you can see I have some breakouts around my mouth and chin area.

I applied the cushion on half of my face. It is whiter than my natural skin tone.

Applied it on my whole face and neck. As you can see, it covered up the breakouts around my mouth and chin. The coverage is really great but it gets a bit stuffy as the foundation is a bit thick. Do remember, it is better to apply foundation with light hand and build it up layer by layer, else it will become cakey. Also, I didnt apply any concealer as I think the coverage is more than enough. The foundation will transfer if you touch it as it doesnt really stick on the face. 

\
Close up to the right half of my face because we will be comparing this half face of mine as time goes on (it is 10.30am when I took this photo).

It has been 2 hours (12.30pm). It has completely oxidize and match well with my skin tone. It was very hot out there (36 degree Celsius). The foundation has creased around the nose area and a bit patchy around the cheek. But the coverage is still good.

It has been 6 hours (4.30pm). I didnt blot my face at all and my face is turning very oily. The foundation became very patchy and sink into fine lines. It is impossible for me to fix my makeup by simply patting more foundation as it will be very cakey and the patches will be more visible. 

It has been 10 hours (8.30pm). Most of the foundation has faded or creased. It appears very patchy around my cheek area. The foundation has sunken into my smile line and pores. It is so ugly to look up close .

A far shot of the face at 8.30pm. The streaky lines around smile line is very obvious. Whole face appeared to be very patchy and pores are amplify. 

Although the weather was heaty, but considering I was in indoor for most of the time (I even used a primer and set the foundation with a powder), the foundation creased pretty badly. I am not recommending this cushion foundation. Said that this cushion foundation is suitable for oily skin, it appears that it doesnt even last for 4 hours. It is also not suitable for dry skin because it is a matte foundation which right at the moment  a dry skin user apply it on the face, streaky lines will form on the dry areas. 

Will I repurchase? Definitely not. I would rather spend a bit more money to purchase cushion foundation from Verite (the best cushion foundation I have ever used) than purchasing this Mamonde Cover Powder Cushion. 

Cheers <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow me on Instagram